The race for efficient and sustainable Bitcoin mining has intensified with the introduction of new machinery and innovative cooling systems. The Antminer S19 XP by Bitmain represents the latest leap in mining technology, while the TANKBOX cooling system by SAI sets a new benchmark for handling the associated heat generation. This article provides an in-depth look at the Antminer S19 XP’s features and performance, comparing it with its predecessor, the Antminer S19, before moving on to SAI’s TANKBOX, its specifications, and potential advantages for mining operations.
Delving into the Antminer S19 XP (140Th) Bitcoin Mining Machine
The Antminer S19 XP (140Th) is the latest offering from Bitmain, pushing the boundaries of Bitcoin mining efficiency. Here’s a detailed look at this cutting-edge mining machine.
Size and Weight: The Antminer S19 XP is slightly bulkier than its predecessor, with dimensions of 195 mm x 290 mm x 400 mm and a weight of approximately 14.5 kg.
Computing Power: The S19 XP significantly outperforms previous models with an impressive hash rate of 140 ± 5% TH/s, indicating a higher number of calculations per second.
Power Consumption: Despite the increase in hash rate, the S19 XP’s power consumption is on par with earlier models, consuming approximately 3010 ±5% W.
Joules per TeraHash (J/T): The S19 XP has an efficient energy consumption ratio of around 21.5 ±5% J/TH, highlighting its enhanced energy efficiency compared to previous models.
Cooling System: Bitmain has integrated an advanced dual-tube heat dissipation system in the S19 XP, facilitating optimal operation and longevity of the machine.
Antminer S19 XP vs. Antminer S19: Distinguishing Features
While they belong to the same series, the Antminer S19 XP and Antminer S19 have distinct differences that set them apart:
– Hash Rate: With a hash rate of 140 TH/s, the S19 XP provides a faster transaction processing speed compared to the S19’s 95 TH/s.
– Energy Efficiency: The S19 XP demonstrates a higher energy efficiency at around 21.5 J/TH, compared to the S19’s 34.5 J/TH, resulting in reduced electricity costs for miners.
– Cooling System: Both models use a dual-tube heat dissipation technology, but the S19 XP’s cooling system is more advanced, ensuring optimal operation and a longer machine lifespan.
Despite these advancements, the Antminer S19 XP still generates a significant amount of heat due to its high power consumption. To tackle this challenge, the TANKBOX cooling system developed by SAI comes into play.
SAI’s TANKBOX Cooling System: An Unmatched Solution
SAI.TECH Global Corporation (NASDAQ: SAI) was established in 2019. SAI is a sustainable BTC & AI Computing Operator headquartered in Singapore.
Singapore-based SAI is a pioneer in the field of sustainable computing and energy technologies. With its vision to accelerate the transition to sustainable advanced intelligence, SAI is developing innovative solutions like SAIHEAT, SAINUC, and SAIBIT.
SAIHEAT is a heat recovery computing center with liquid cooling solutions. It captures and reuses the heat generated from computing operations, improving energy efficiency and reducing carbon emissions. TANKBOX is one of this series.
SAI’s TANKBOX cooling system is a game-changer in the realm of Bitcoin mining, specifically designed to cool mining machines efficiently. Below are the system’s specifications and benefits:
– It utilizes a 20ft HQ container, certified by a classification society.
– The shipping weight is 7.5 tons (excluding the server and coolant), while the operating weight is 12.8 tons (including the server and coolant).
Input Power Specifications:
– The total input power is 630KW, with 30KW consumed by the water pump, cooling tower, and fan. It has a main switch of 1200A3P and an input voltage frequency of 415V60HZ (American standard).
– The total power consumed by the mining machine is 600KW, with each unit consuming about 4.17KW.
The number of Mining Machines:
– The TANKBOX can host 144 units of the Antminer S19 series, Whatsminer M50 series, and Avalon liquid-cooled mining machines. For the Whatsminer M56 liquid-cooled mining machine, which has a standalone power consumption of more than 7KW, it can host 72 units.
– The TANKBOX supports a computational power ranging from 12.96P to 20.16P for 144 Antminer S19 XP mining machines and 12.96P to 15.84P for 72 Whatsminer M56 machines.
– The operating oil temperature is ≤62°C and the tank circulation flow is 93.5m³/h.
– It employs a cooling tower, with a shipping weight of 1.6 tons and an operating weight of 2.8 tons. The cooling tower can dissipate up to 600KW of heat.
The Antminer S19 XP is a remarkable step forward in Bitcoin mining, delivering significant improvements in performance and energy efficiency. However, coupling it with SAI’s TANKBOX cooling system optimizes its operation, ensuring Bitcoin mining becomes more sustainable and profitable. By continuously evolving mining technology and devising solutions like the TANKBOX, the future of Bitcoin mining indeed looks promising.